Emphasize a random word in a sentence, raising an eyebrow and smirking in a way that leads others to believe you are speaking in sexy innuendo.
However, you must avoid using actual innuendo.
- “I have to go to the grocery store for some… mustard.”
- My favourite colour is orange. It reminds me of… Florida.”
- Your… shoe is untied.”
But only so I can do a “GPOYW: Edition edition”.
dubiousmerchant replied to your post:There’s a Mexican restaurant about a block down the street that advertises .99 cent tacos
They’d also have no idea what your taco-ing about. Taco about? There’s a pun but I can’t figure it out.
I believe “Taco bout” would work the best, but that could be describing a fight between a man and a taco, or between two or more tacos. The former is not an uncommon occurrence in the Gorman household.
I tried to make a similar joke when Gary Coleman died. Someone on Twitter clarified that it’s spelled “Bruce Willis” not “Bout Willis”, and I corrected him, saying everyone was talking about the Willis bout (I think he was fighting Holyfield) but had their words in the wrong order.
Yours is funnier. And it reminds me that my roommate made tacos the other day and insisted on calling it “taco night”, probably 15 times.
1. I can’t tell the difference between affect and effect.
2. It takes me a few seconds to realize that “a quarter till” means 15 minutes till, not 25 minutes till.
3. For the life of me I can never get that dimple under the knot of my necktie.
4. I think that putting cucumbers in leftover pickle juice will make more pickles.
5. I’ve never used a semicolon in my life (because I don’t know how). Also, is it supposed to be, or suppose to be? Sigh…
Never before have I read a short list of things one is meant to agree with, and felt so polarized. I find 1, 2, and 5 to be below me - for reasons ranging from common sense to a love of spelling and language. But number 3 is something I feel completely defeated by, and 4 is hilarious. But does the 40% of delight outdo the 60% of banality? There must be some sort of weight system in place, right?